Bishop Kelly appointed the late Elder Robert Edward Davis Sr. as pastor in Yonkers. Elder Davis organized the members and named us Saint Paul's COGIC. Elder Davis and the late Evangelist Pearl G. Davis, his spouse, working with the saints, established a growing congregation.
Our congregation shares this name, St. Paul, with the first COGIC, organized and pastored by our sainted COGIC Founder, the late Bishop Charles Harrison Mason, in Lexington, Mississippi. Our Organizing Pastor was also a native of Mississippi. In 1941 Elder and Evangelist Robert E. Davis organized St. Paul's Church of God In Christ in a storefront at 75 School Street with their children and a small congregation. As the congregation grew, the church moved to larger building at 120 Riverdale Avenue where they resided for 25 years.
Through faith and prayers God blessed them the church attracted a $1200 donation from the Colgate Palmolive Foundation and purchased the former Messiah Baptist Church, which was located at 9 Ashburton Place. Since 1968's, the St. Paul COGIC has worshipped in its own building at 9 Ashburton Place.
After the death of the organizing pastor, his eldest son, the late Elder James Davis, succeeded his father as pastor and served for about 10 years. Later, another son, Elder Earl Davis, lead the congregation and served for over three years.
We were blessed to be under the teaching and leadership of Dr. Rev. John W. Redic from 1995 until late 2012.
May God ever Bless us to be appreciative for our roots as Pentecostals, especially those pioneers whom God Has Used to bless and enrich our lives.